Fire Safety Consultation Services
Don’t make Fire Safety compliance an afterthought
If you wait until your new building or refurbishment project is complete before checking with a competent Fire Safety consultant, you could be too late.
We see it happen time and time again – a project manager or designer doesn’t have a clear picture of how a building will be used by the people who eventually occupy it. Then, later down the line, the Responsible Person finds that the finished premises doesn’t comply with Fire Safety legislation or that fire precautions have been ridiculously over-specified. The net result is a gigantic headache to sort out.
The earlier we’re involved in the design process, the better.
We work with our clients, their architects, and Building Control bodies to bring Fire Safety consultation into the mix right from the start. Our fire strategies not only ensure that the finished project is up to standard, it also helps you to avoid costly retrospective works, redesigns, or ongoing maintenance of unnecessary fire precautions.
We can work with you to discuss the Fire Safety implications of your new build or refurbishment before you start.
We produce fire strategies on projects ranging from holiday let conversions to multi-million pound developments, and we’ve seen design teams propose projects with significant life safety issues in them all. So make sure that your project is compliant from the outset.
Important things you need to know about NPG Fire Safety Ltd.
- Every lead engineer has over a decade of relevant experience and is fully qualified, ensuring value and efficiency.
- We undertake over 500 Fire Risk Assessments nationwide every year, which means there’s very little we haven’t seen or dealt with before.
- We understand the unique characteristics of buildings and businesses and offer a pragmatic yet compliant approach to Fire Safety legislation.
- In certain circumstances we can draw on our professional network of Fire Engineers.
- Unlike other Fire Safety firms, our engineers are not incentivised to ‘hard sell’ due to receiving low salaries with commission structures. Instead, our engineers are well-paid, which means their only motivation is to serve our clients correctly.
- All of our Assessors hold the grades of Member with the IFSM, Graduate with the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) and are tier 2 accredited on the IFSM Competent Fire Risk Assessor Register (CFRAR) as a minimum.
- We’re a local, family-run business that operates across South Lakeland, Cumbria, Lancashire, and at a national level providing fire and security services in all our major towns and cities including Barrow, Carlisle, Kendal, Lancaster, Morecambe, Preston, and Windermere.