Fire Risk Assessments - Ensuring your safety
At NPG Fire Safety, we believe that fire safety is of utmost importance in any establishment. One of the biggest problems we see, almost daily, is how little business owners know about their legal obligations to ensure adequate fire safety measures, therefore Fire Risk Assessments are often the starting point when we take on a new client.
What is a Fire Risk Assessment?
A Fire Risk Assessment is a comprehensive evaluation of a property’s fire safety measures, identifying potential hazards and risks. This assessment helps to ensure that the necessary precautions are in place to prevent fires and minimise damage in the event of a fire.
Why are Fire Risk Assessments important?
Fire Risk Assessments are crucial for ensuring the safety of your property, employees, and customers. By identifying potential fire hazards, you can take steps to minimise the risk of a fire occurring. This can include implementing fire safety measures such as fire extinguishers, smoke alarms, and emergency lighting, as well as ensuring that employees are properly trained on fire safety procedures.
Fire Risk Assessments are also a legal requirement in the United Kingdom. Failure to comply with these regulations can result in fines or even legal action, as well as putting the safety of your employees and customers at risk.
What does this mean for you?
If you own non-domestic premises or a multi-occupied residential building in England or Wales, you’re obliged by the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 to take reasonable steps to protect all relevant people. A Fire Risk Assessment should be undertaken to determine the suitability of the existing fire safety arrangements and the minimum fire precautions required for life safety. The ‘Responsible Person’ must appoint a competent person to assist them in carrying out or reviewing a Fire Risk Assessment. This person should have sufficient training, experience, and knowledge relevant to fire safety.
This is where we come in.
Fire Risk Assessments are often viewed as a ‘box ticking’ exercise. However, it’s more complex than that, and it’s our job to help you meet your legal obligations with the minimum of fuss.
Our qualified team has carried out thousands of Fire Risk Assessments, so there’s nothing we’ve not encountered before. We sort out everything from the small details to the complex issues. We also regularly address requirements of enforceable notices served by the fire authorities.
The result is that our assessments are direct and jargon-free and provide sound advice on what is needed to meet the minimum life safety requirements.
Why choose NPG Fire Safety for your Fire Risk Assessment?
We are a family-run business based in Kendal that operates across Cumbria, Lancashire, and nationally.
We offer a personable and value-added service to all of our clients through our highly qualified and experienced team.
Our fire consultants are the only Tier 2 Competent Fire Risk Assessors with the IFSM for the whole of Kendal, Barrow-in-Furness, Windermere, Carlisle, Lancaster, Morecambe and surrounding areas meaning our clients have assurance that they are getting sound advice from competent fire safety professionals.
We care passionately about all our clients and work with them to ensure they are fully protected and receive the most cost-effective solution.
Supplying Fire Risk Assessments in Lancashire, Cumbria, and beyond.
From our base in Kendal, we deliver our fire risk assessments across Lancashire and Cumbria, including:
• Carlisle • Barrow-in-Furness • Windermere • Kendal • Lancaster • Morecambe • Preston
We also provide our specialist services to several clients at a national level including Greater Manchester, Merseyside, and London.
In conclusion, Fire Risk Assessments are an essential part of ensuring the safety of your property, employees, and customers. At NPG Fire Safety, we offer comprehensive assessments and detailed reports to help you improve your fire safety measures and mitigate the risk of fire in your premises.
Don’t take any chances when it comes to fire safety; to schedule your Fire Risk Assessment, or if you would like to learn more about the services offered by NPG Fire Safety, please don’t hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, phone 0800 043 1203 or fill in the enquiry form on our contact us page, and we can talk through your exact requirements.
Important things you need to know about NPG Fire Safety Ltd.
- Every lead engineer has over a decade of relevant experience and is fully qualified, ensuring value and efficiency.
- We undertake over 500 Fire Risk Assessments nationwide every year, which means there’s very little we haven’t seen or dealt with before.
- We understand the unique characteristics of buildings and businesses and offer a pragmatic yet compliant approach to fire safety legislation.
- In certain circumstances we can draw on our professional network of Fire Engineers.
- Unlike other fire safety firms, our engineers are not incentivised to ‘hard sell’ due to receiving low salaries with commission structures. Instead, our engineers are well-paid, which means their only motivation is to serve our clients correctly.
- All of our Assessors hold the grades of Member with the IFSM, Graduate with the Institution of Fire Engineers (IFE) and are tier 2 accredited on the IFSM Competent Fire Risk Assessor Register (CFRAR) as a minimum.
- We’re a local, family-run business that operates across South Lakeland, Cumbria, Lancashire, and at a national level providing fire and security services in all our major towns and cities including Barrow, Carlise, Kendal, Lancaster, Morecambe, Preston, and Windermere.